Lunch in Nando's

Hello!! Sorry for not posting anything for 2 weeks. I was really busy with my Work-Based Learning (WBL) application (resume and stuff...) and examinations, so I do not have the time to write, much less for sleeping. This same situation will happen for this whole semester until 14th of September (2 examinations every 2 weeks, interviews, assignments ...... @.@). So, there will be significantly reduction in posts, very much sorry. (Have to work hard for the free lunch! >.<)

And so today, I am writing on our CFAB free lunch again!! For your information, we have successfully obtained 100% pass for Management Information paper. Good job, classmates! For more information regarding free lunch and for the experience of the first free lunch, click here.

As per the post title, we had our lunch in Nando's. Instead of using the RM 25 with normal set plate, I had a thought, "why not spend it on desserts and drinks that I would never have ordered it if I were to go for a normal lunch or dinner?" And that's how I planned it. Luckily, I have a few friends that have the same thoughts as me and together, we combined the RM 25 budget to RM 75. More budget, more desserts!!

I did not plan to have a main dish, but since I am sharing with one of my friends, we decided to share the main and later stuff our stomach with desserts. So, here's the first plate.

Grilled Chicken Cataplana - RM 26.39
While I do not like the usual quarter chicken, but not this dish. It is served in a "turtle shell", I would say (just because this wok is similar to a turtle shell) and the chicken is juicier compare to the usual and is more fragrant. Below the grilled chicken and seasonal vegetables, it is served with spicy rice (it is not spicy, but the name is). The only thing that I find it not satisfying was the vegetables. They should use another way to cook the capsicums.

Pita Veggie with one side - RM 15.80
Since one of my friends is a vegetarian, she ordered this. It is stuffed with chopped mushroom (I supposed) and it tastes great. The wedges, too, are well-seasoned.

Enough with the mains, now, move on to our real motives. 

Madeira Red and Citrus Bliss - RM 9.43/glass
Aren't these 2 beautiful? Just by looking at their "appearance", you know who is who right? That's right, the beautiful "Red Lady" is Madeira Red. She is made of pomegranate lemonade with added Sprite and mint leaves, and is finished with "sparkling jewellery" (sugar rim). Beside Madeira Red, is another beauty - Citrus Bliss and she is made of a combination of mint syrup, grapefruit and Sprite, with mint leaves. Of these 2 ladies, I prefer Citrus Bliss just because she is "my cup of tea"!

Caramel Cheesecake - RM 10.40
Baked cheesecake topped with caramel!! The cheesecake is really tight and compact, as though it wants to be stuck in your mouth forever. What differentiates it from the usual cheesecake, is that it does not have a base. Though it tastes good, but I really hope that the cheese will melt in my mouth instead of having a spoon stuck in my mouth.

Chocolate Mud Pie with Ice Cream - RM 13.67
The last dessert we ordered was hot Chocolate Mud Pie topped with Haagen-Dasz ice cream. I think what made this dessert pricey is the ice cream... The flavour of the ice cream can be chosen (vanilla, strawberry, chocolate). Although we ordered vanilla, I think what they gave us was a cookie one, special service maybe? o.O There was still a little melted chocolate inside when served although the bottom was burnt. Since the mud pie was really hot, the ice cream turned warm when fed into my mouth... XD

Well, actually it was not the last dessert. Coincidentally, it was one of my friends' birthday, and so we decided to give her a birthday surprise. Glad that she cried tears of joy. The final dessert:

Salted Caramel Mille Crepe
Mmmhmmm, it was delicious. That's the only comment that I can give. 

I was overjoyed, having my stomach filled with lots of desserts, 3 cakes a row, what more can I complain? 100% satisfied, the most satisfy one so far!!!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quitting ICAEW (Not official)

Internship Experience in Ryokan (旅館 - Japanese-styled Hotel)

Internship Experience in Ryoutei (料亭)