Japanese Snacks in Malaysia (Part 2)

Hi everyone!! Happy Wesak Day!! Previously, I wrote on Japanese Snacks but this time is sweets!!


Sakuma Fruit Drops [Daiso - RM 5.30 (GST included)]


It becomes famous because of the movie "Grave of the Fireflies" (It is a sad anti-war film which tells the story of two siblings who struggled to survive during the final month of the World War II). In case, you haven't watched it, I strongly recommend it to you (a must watch film!). Back to the topic. It has different flavours (grape, pineapple, orange, apple and lemon) and from what I recalled, previously there isn't any chocolate flavour but now they do. I also tasted the mint one but I think the mint one is not supposed to be in there (it went to the wrong packaging? o.O). There is another similar tin Daiso sells that has only mint. 


The one in the film


Maccha Caramel [Shojikiya - RM 7.30 (GST included)]


I bought this sweet when I visited Shojikiya in Sunway Pyramid as I have never tried any sweets with this flavour. The sweet texture is like Sugus but is softer. The maccha taste is very strong. In fact, it gets stronger as you bite. At one point, I couldn't take it anymore as it tastes like Chlorella tablet and the taste lingered after I ate it (Yuckkss!! XP). For those that do not like the Chlorella tablet like I do, I totally do not recommend it to you. I think the sweet will taste better if 1/3 or 2/3 of it is filled with the caramel paste without the maccha paste.


That is all about it. Sorry that there are not many Japanese snacks or sweets that I can show you as they are very VERY pricy >.<

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quitting ICAEW (Not official)

Internship Experience in Ryokan (旅館 - Japanese-styled Hotel)

Internship Experience in Ryoutei (料亭)