Outdoor Ice Skating and DDP!!

30th of Jan

Today, I went to outdoor ice skating with one of my exchange mates and one of the volunteer workers in the guesthouse I stay in. I decided to go to an outdoor skating rink as there are only indoor skating rinks in Malaysia. As we arrived, I thought that we were lucky as the ice rink was not crowded but I was wrong as it was only the time of ice resurfacing. So, we quickly went to buy the tickets. It costs 1000 won per person per hour, including shoe rental. 

The skating shoes are not the usual figure skating shoes they provide in Malaysia but ice hockey shoes, which I have not tried before. So, I was pretty excited with it. However, it turned out to be a horrible experience (not so horrible actually, but never a second time) as I couldn't balance well and fell badly. Well, maybe it was because of the shoes, the ice rink or maybe my skating skills have rotten? 

Side track a little. There was one thing I was curious about - what happen to the ice rink in a winter country after skating for a few hours? In Malaysia, the ice rink will turn watery (close to flooding if there are a lot of people) after a while but I found that in here, they will turn "snowy" instead, meaning snow will accumulate instead. However, this might only happen to the outdoor ones due to the cold weather. (Sorry if I look stupid here =P)

After skating, we went to Dongdaemun Design Plaza. I have been there once. However, it was closed on that day (3rd Monday of every month). Thus, I did not visit the inside of it. So, here am I again. Before we went in to visit any of their labs, we grabbed a lunch in a korean traditional noodle house. I hesitated to choose the food until I saw they served a large portion of meat with small portion of rice. Thus, I ordered cheese pork cutlet. I didn't realise their specialty is korean traditional noodle until I was seated, my choice might change if I knew it. 

Look at the size of the pork!!!
And the cheese~
We visited Design Labs, which is located in the 1st and 2nd Floor. Although it is said to be "lab", it is totally not what I have imagined (like seeing people creating something creative or stuff?). It is a like a market where they sell the things that they designed. Their designs are unique and maybe one of a kind, and therefore that makes the price one of a kind too. For example, a price of a phone case can be triple the price of the phone case found in the usual market.


On the top floor, there are Design Lounge and Design Experience Zone. Since we had to pay for the Design Experience Zone - entrance fee 4000 won and another additional fee (for experiencing the design) for 8000 won, we did not go with it. It would have been better if we were to go in as they are really interactive (kids in heart 😎). However, we did enjoy a wonderful piano performance performed by one of the passerby and nice piano they have!



Later, we went to Edae to shop as my friend wanted to buy a dress and so I accompanied her. As I passed by a cosmetic shop - A' pieu, which I planned to buy something from there previously and coincidentally they are having a sale today, I immediately went in and bought a total of 32000 won cosmetics... Despite the price, it is considered cheap, considering the amount I bought from this shop. They are mostly for my sister.  Then, we shopped around and after she found the dress she wanted, we returned back to the guesthouse.


30th of Jan

Well, since I overspent yesterday, I decided to stay in the guesthouse. All I did today was watching dramas, interacting with the guests and workers in the guesthouse and updating blog (supposed to be editing videos, but you know, dramas...).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quitting ICAEW (Not official)

Internship Experience in Ryokan (旅館 - Japanese-styled Hotel)

Internship Experience in Ryoutei (料亭)