Quitting ICAEW (Not official)

It's finally a holiday!!

There has been a paused to my blogpost as I was really busy attending classes, studying and taking exams. However, those are not relating to ICAEW. I believed that I have told you of my changing of plan long before I went to volunteer in Japan. Chance arrived shortly after I came back from Japan and I immediately grab hold of the chance to fulfill my childhood dream of being a cabin crew! And now I'm residing in another country to fulfill this dream of mine.

So, what about the course that I took? To update you that read my posts because of info on ICAEW, I truly am sorry for quitting halfway (though not officially, as I am still paying for ICAEW's annual student fee and have not sent in any documents to stop all my study altogether), and I have no plan to continue it, not at this moment. 

I was hesitating to continue after completing my professional level papers last year March (which surprisingly I managed to get through all of them in one try) since I lacked of interest in the field. The thought of bonding with a company for 3 years in the field that I hated so much fears me. Due to the fear, I went through all the interviews with the ATEs (Authorised Training Employers) half-heartedly and was relieved that the interviews that I attended fail.

During my time in Japan, I had a long thought of whether to continue ICAEW, accepting my employer offer to work in Japan or pursuing my dream. True enough, after coming back from Japan, I lack of initiative to apply anymore ATEs and waited for opportunity to fulfill my dream. As one of the airlines that I always wanted to enter has a new form of recruitment - video interview, something new which I am not quite confident in, it took me a while to prepare my resume, cover letter, photos and etc. 

While preparing those documents, another reputable airline had a walk-in interview in KL. I decided to give it a go with the thought of practising for future interview in the company that I wanted to work with since that airline has a reputation of strict cabin crew recruitment. Who would have known that I got through the interview in one go. As the airline interview that I went to has a reputation of fast recruitment processing, I decided to take the offer as my parents were nagging for me not working for quite some time. And so, here am I. 

There is an impression that the job of cabin crew is something simple. However, the training that I went through was nothing as simple. It was intense with lots of things to learn every day (it's even worse than when I was pursuing ICAEW) and a minimum of 2 tests each week, in addition to, waking up early to put on make up and hairdo. My energy was squeezed to the maximum. The time is so limited and I was so tired. However, I am happy and looking forward to what I will learn in the training. 

The holiday today is really a gift. After the holiday, I hope that I have fully charged and able to resume my training. And so, with that I will hardly be updating on my blog unless I find the time to do so (there are so many things I have to share with you...). I sincerely do apologise for this. 

As an apology, here's a picture when I went to this beautiful place in Japan:

Amanohashidate

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Internship Experience in Ryoutei (料亭)

Internship Experience in Ryokan (旅館 - Japanese-styled Hotel)