A gift to a friend: Potpourri

Hello!! Sorry for the super late post as I was busy with my assignments...

It was my friend's birthday, so I decided to give her something special instead of the normal chocolates, necklace, bracelet,... So, this time: potpourri.



How To Do?

First, prepare the required materials. I bought mine from Daiso, so each item costs RM 5. Here are what I bought.

Daiso - An empty box with no pattern
Daiso - Dried flowers
Daiso - Washing net
And the things that I have prepared:

What is this called? Nevermind, I called it the "soft part" ~
So, this will be the "pointy part" with adhesive on the other side.
Ribbons
Soldering Iron that comes with different tips.

And here are how you can do it:

First, you measure and cut out the washing net which matches the outer shape of the box. Then, choose a wider ribbon where you can enclose the outer part of the net. Sew it (I used sewing machine) 


Next, sew the "soft part" to the ribbon.


Since it is a net, it is quite hard to sew, you might want to leave extra space for the washing net.

Then, use the soldering iron to burn any quotes or patterns you want on the side of the box. Since this was my first time using the soldering tool and I have no artistic skills, I find the quote and pattern I want and choose the font in Microsoft Office PowerPoint. Microsoft PowerPoint can set the exact size you want after you print the quotes or patterns. 

Click on a box, and format tab will appear. Click on "format" and search for "size". Enter the exact measurement of the quotes or patterns you want them to appear on your box.

Then, print it. Trace the quotes and patterns on the box by using a sharp pencil. Make sure that you trace them really hard, so that the patterns appear on the box. To make burning easier, shade lightly the patterns that you trace earlier with a pencil. After that, start woodburning!! (Careful not to burn your hand)

The result of woodburning
The next step is to paste the "pointy part" on the box. If yours do not have the adhesive part, fret not! Just use any super glue to paste it. 


Finally, add the dry flowers into the box and stick the completed net to the box. There you go, a different styles of potpourri!!

The finishing look

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quitting ICAEW (Not official)

Internship Experience in Ryokan (旅館 - Japanese-styled Hotel)

Internship Experience in Ryoutei (料亭)