My First ICAEW Test (NOT finals)

Have been disappearing for the past 2 weeks, mainly due to the progress test in the 9th and 10th, and partly due to my laziness. Hahaha.

Last week, was my first test of ICAEW paper. Unlike CFAB paper, ICAEW test is all done in handwriting, which is a huge transition from the CFAB computer-based exam. Apparently, ICAEW has the plan to change ICAEW tests from handwriting into using computer as well. However, due to certain circumstances, the plan is delayed. Currently, I am taking Audit and Assurance (AA) and Financial Management (FM)  paper. The test duration is 2 and a half hour and as usual the passing mark is 55.

Like usual, I entered a room and start with the test. After the stated time, the invigilators collected our answer booklet and passed us the answer sheet. The results, of course, we had to wait as it needs to be marked by someone unlike CFAB test, which is graded automatically by the computer. I heard from my friends that the papers may not be marked by the lecturers themselves, though some of the lecturers may choose to mark some of the papers, which what my AA's lecturer did. I was quite happy with it as the lecturers do not have to read the foolish answers that I wrote. 

To be honest, I was not worried about the test at all, I lack the nervousness to drive me to study, which made me slack all the time. Of course, I knew that I will not pass but I did try my best to answer all the questions. In the end, I did not pass, and it was my first time to fail in a test (not the borderline fail, but a shameful fail). But, guess what? I have no idea why I was so happy with my failure (maybe this will push me to study even harder XD). In fact, I was so happy to tell that I told this news to my friends (looks like I have gone crazy). 

Also, on the 15th, my friends' previous semester final results are out. Thankfully, most of them passed, which is quite a surprise to them as the passing rate during the tests is very low. According to some of my friends, they had never passed in any of the tests and mock exam. So, congratulations to all of them!! You all did a good, no no no, not good, but great job!!

On a side track, I was invited by my sister to have a "buffet" in Berjaya College on the 12th. However, it was not the usual buffet. It was a little different, in the sense, that it was an examination to the students studying in Berjaya College.  I supposed there were 2 groups of students that were taking the test, the ones that serve and the ones that cook. The guests are probably the students' family and friends. The theme was "East meets West", which brings to 2 cuisine in one buffet. It was quite a formal dining. 

The menu
As we enter, we were served by mainly my sister's boyfriend throughout the whole session. As we were settled, immediately, we ordered the main dishes and were served with welcoming drink. It was a fusion of east and west. 

A refreshing asam drink 

We also helped ourselves with the buffet corner, though the choices are very limited. I had salad and a cup of tomyam soup before the main came. Surprisingly, they suited my taste, which is unusual. Everything was all nice until the main came. It did not taste bad, but the taste was average, which I was quite disappointed. 

Grilled Salmon on Risotto Cake with Butter Vegetables and Fruity Sauce

Then, come the most important part - the dessert. The dessert, again, did not have any surprises. They are the usual cakes. I did get most of the cakes except for the local desserts. The one that brought me to here is the chocolate fountain, which I got a mouthful of it.



That's the end of this short post. Since, there will be tests every week until 6th of May, I will not be here till then since I have the resolution to pass my tests this time. However, if you have any queries, I will still be answering them. Till then~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quitting ICAEW (Not official)

Internship Experience in Ryokan (旅館 - Japanese-styled Hotel)

Internship Experience in Ryoutei (料亭)