Manga: NG Life

Hey, it's been a while since I last posted something about manga. This time I found a good one, written and illustrated by Kusanagi Mizuho. This manga artist is quite a famous one, I would say. She is the author of Akatsuki no Yona, which is a hit manga. However, today, I'm not going to write about this manga, but another manga, which I think it has quite a unique storyline. 


Genre: Drama, Gender Bender, School Life, Historical, Romance, Comedy

Status: Completed

Chapters: 51 chapters, 3 sides

About: This story revolves around a high school guy, named Keidai Saeki, who unlike others around him, remembers about his past life. He always remembers about the past and gets messed up with those who have been reincarnated as his friends and family. What's more to this story is that the one he always longs for, his wife in his past life, reincarnated as a middle school boy living as his neighbour. This leads to a series of drama and comedy.

As he is always the only one that remembers about his past life, he is quite worried as if they are all a dream. However, things start to change as people with memories of the past start to appear. Keidai is very happy and blessed with it as he has someone to reminisce about the past. This confirms the the past but what does this mean? The story goes on when someone who has the memories of the past, have the memories vanished without any warning. Nothing could be done to retrieve the memories and those with their memories still intact begin to fear, especially Keidai, who cherishes his memories more than anyone. What would happen if his memories start to fall about? 


Truth to be told, I was not interested in this manga at the beginning and I was about to stop reading it without finishing it. I mean how could a story with a guy always hanging on the past and make a drama out of it be nice to read? However, something tells me to keep reading it and I'm glad I finished it. It is a really good manga. 

Now, why is it good? Let me ask you a few questions. Have you ever thought about your past life? Who were you in the past? Who were your love ones? What did you do in the past? If you remember your past, will you meet them again? Will anything change after you meet them again in the present? Will you still be friends with them? Will you have the same lover? If you are allowed to travel back in time, what can you change? How will your past life affect you now? And most importantly, why don't we remember anything about our past life? These are some of the questions that I have once asked myself. And you know what, although this manga is fictional and may have no truth in it, it does give me satisfactional answers to my doubts. It gives answers to what I have thought of in my life and lead me to think more questions about my life. This manga somehow depicts the way of life, but in a more exaggerated, intersting and easy-to-understand manner.

Although this manga is of a comedy, to me, it is more of a heartbreaking story. It hurts me as I read and I don't know how much tears I have shed reading this manga. Well, I admit that there are some parts where I could not hold in my laughter. This is why manga should be read in private...๐Ÿ˜’๐Ÿ˜’. People around me will think I am crazy if I were to act like that.

The art of this manga partly contributed to the "amazingness" of it. They are clean and clear. The characters are beautifully drawn and the emotions are well shown. I was amazed by how she drew a character where it can transit a guy to a girl or a girl to a guy naturally. To put it simply, the characters she drew are neutral that they can fit perfectly as either a female or male. 

As usual, here are some screenshots from the manga taken from mangafox.



Before finishing of, a note to myself or maybe more mangas to recommend, mangas written by Kusunagi Mizuho are all good ones. If you have the time, do read all of them. They are mostly short ones, with this and Akatsuki no Yona being the long ones. I particularly like the mangas she wrote, besides the amazing art, the storylines are amazing. It is as though she knows what her readers want and she put the storyline we want with an added surprise.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quitting ICAEW (Not official)

Internship Experience in Ryokan (ๆ—…้คจ - Japanese-styled Hotel)

Internship Experience in Ryoutei (ๆ–™ไบญ)