Drama review: Nightmare Teacher 악몽선생

Hello!! This past few weeks I was having exams. Though I couldn't say that they all went well, but I decided to take a little break (more like I couldn't resist my urge to watch something). So, I decided to watch a short Korean drama (as in less than 20 minutes for an episode). To my surprise, this drama is extremely good and although I have never written a review about a drama, I decided to write this. "It would be good if others can get something from it," that's what I think. 

So, this drama that I want to share is Nightmare Teacher 악몽선생.

Image from DramaWiki
It is about some mysterious events that happen in a school. It all starts when a temporary teacher replaces an injured teacher and wants to give counselling to the students, which he claims that the counselling will benefit them. However, the counselling he gives is not an ordinary one. It seems that the students who went for his counsel, have their wishes fulfilled, but disappear mysteriously later and no one remembers about them. The class representative, Kang Ye Rim feels that the empty tables belong to someone but could not remember it and she sees a sentence "do not go to the counselling room" written on one of the tables which ignites her curiosity. 

What attracts me about this drama is not only about the refreshing idea and amazing storyline, but the moral story behind this drama (my interpretation, so maybe you have a different one after you watch it). This drama, based on my interpretation, is mainly about inability to resist temptation and greed. In this drama, the students succumb to their greed after given a little try of "magic". They want more and more, and some even stray from their original path, which lead them to a repeating cycle of doing the things they wanted. However, in the end, they realise the consequences of their greed or the price they need to pay in return of their greed, are one that is so important to lose or so much of a burden to bear, that they want to return to how thing was supposed to be. However, what done is done. Nothing can undo the situation unless it is all but a nightmare. 

This thing happens in our everyday life. There are many temptations in this world that lead us to stray from our path (like what I'm doing now, watching too much drama, leads me to neglect my studies... 😅😅and etc), which made us regret later. So, what I want to say is that, be brave, be true and be more confident in yourself, and hopefully with all the effort you put in, you can get what you want. Of course, these are also a reminder for myself, as I am not the discipline type of person. 

Well, that's all I want to say in this blog. Let's all work hard towards the life we want!! (Now, back to study, back to study @.@)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quitting ICAEW (Not official)

Internship Experience in Ryokan (旅館 - Japanese-styled Hotel)

Internship Experience in Ryoutei (料亭)