Pokemon Go Finally Arrived in Malaysia!!!

Hey guyss!!!

Pokemon Go is finally available in Malaysia yesterday (the news of banning the game from coming into Malaysia totally freaked me out. Thank god it did not happen)!!! The long-awaited game and my all-time favourite childhood game... A big big welcome!!! 

I received this amazing news from my sister after completing my second progress test yesterday morning. What a perfect timing to fend off my bad mood after the terrible horrible test (for the first time I experienced the time passed so slowly during a test). Put the test aside, I immediately went to Play Store to search for this game. To my dismay, I could not find it. To verify the authenticity of my sister's information, I scrolled through the Facebook and everyone is playing it. But how?

I went back to ask for my cousin's help. He told me that his phone is not compatible with the game, and mine as well. So, we thought that maybe it was because our phone were not up to date and so we tried to update to the newest version. It was within the versions stated in the game but still, it is not compatible. Somehow rather, my cousin managed to download the application and TADA, that's how I could play it. YAY!! 

I did not play it immediately. But after my Japanese class, I could not hide my excitement anymore. Quickly, I took out my phone and went to the nearest PokeStop to spin some Pokeballs. Amazingly, SS 15, being a place popular for its food, schools and universities, has dozens of PokeStop (No worries for Pokemon hunters running out of Pokeballs). Just a short 5 minutes trip back to my grandma's house and I've caught a few Pokemon. To be honest, it was really awkward standing in the middle of nowhere, constantly looking at the phone, catching Pokemon. I was not used to it as I rarely play with my phone when I was out on the street (not anymore now XD).

Later, I met up with my friend. I even made some excuses to my family so that I could walk to meet with my friend, to "explore the world". Apparently, residential areas have few to no PokeStop while occasionally there are some Pokemon. The place where people gather are where the PokeStops, gyms and Pokemon are. After meeting with my friend, I found out the possible reason why I could not find the game in the Play Store, and that could possibly be due to the age of a phone and not the software version of your phone. I bought this phone a few years back (around 3 years) and so do my cousin's and my friend's family. All of us could not find it in the Play Store and that's how I came to this conclusion. 

Anyway, we walked around Aeon Big and Subang Parade while playing Pokemon Go, until the time when we were supposed to meet with my cousin to go to my sister's final year exhibition in Jaya One. More Pokemon adventure, YES!

I open the game throughout the journey to Jaya One to do a few research on where will the PokeStops, Pokemon, and gyms appear (so that I do not have to hold my phone 24/7). As we approached the highway, there are none at all. However, as we approached to our destination, they are a bunch of them and Pokemon do appear even when I was in the car. 

Now, since we have arrived to our destination, let me show you a few pictures of my sister's exhibition and put a pause on Pokemon Go.

The entrance

Diploma's project
Degree's project
my sister's project

In my opinion, it wasn't a very successful one as there are not many visitors but some of their projects are indeed quite interesting. After visiting my sister's exhibition, I decided to walk around this new place while playing Pokemon Go. Surprisingly, this place is quite artsy-craftsy and they sell a lot of amazing homemade stuff. Instead of the usual shops, this place is mostly comprising of small booths. I totally will recommend someone to go there as, who knows, you might discover some rare items.

For dinner, my cousin decided to take me to dine in Burger Lab as I have never tried it before. As we arrived, the queue was so long that my sister and her boyfriend decided to go to queue for it first while my cousin was finding for a parking, and there was me sitting in the car playing Pokemon Go. Coincidentally, Burger Lab is a PokeStop and also someone is using the lure module. So, I just have to sit back and wait for the Pokemon to come.

Me and my sister ordered these:

SwissTake
The salad potato was so good!!
Bulbasaur
Does it look like one? In fact, I caught a Bulbasaur around this area.
There is another Pokemon menu there, but I forgot what was it.
Burger Lab is sure fast in attracting more customer when they decided to have a recharge stations so that Pokemon Go players can play to their heart content. Good one! Truly, there are a few Pokemon players there. And in here, I found a Pinsir.


So, with all this walking and sitting in the car, I managed to catch 23 different Pokemon. Although I can now enter the gym, I decided to hold it back until I go to university on Monday, since that's where I spend the most of my time (though I do have an idea of which team I will be joining). One funny thing that I found while playing Pokemon Go is that most of the PokeStop I've seen are mostly like the small shrines beside the road. That must be Malaysia's "monuments" (no offense).

That's all from me. Be careful when you are playing Pokemon Go!! It's best to have someone with you while playing so that you can watch out for each other. Oh, remember to bring your power bank as well!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quitting ICAEW (Not official)

Internship Experience in Ryokan (旅館 - Japanese-styled Hotel)

Internship Experience in Ryoutei (料亭)