Bake Plan @ SS2 & Short Updates

Hello!! It's been a while. I have been going around lately, meeting friends and a little travelling, thus am not able to write anything (dead tired after every activity). So, here is a little warm up post, about a bakery shop in SS2 and my plan, before posting my trip to Sarawak a few days ago. 

Being a bread lover, I am always on a look-out for bakery wherever I go. And so, my visit to SS 2 for a short dinner too did not make it an exception. I came across this bakery and the breads from the window pane attracted me. 

As I enter the shop, there is the fragrance of bread. mmhhmmm~ I took a few deep breathes, immersing myself in the fragrance as I have longed for this smell as the bakery shops these days have lost its fragrance. 

I immediately jumped over to have a look at the source of fragrance. There are some interesting selection of earl grey series, danish series, baguettes, loafs and many more and are comparably bigger and fuller in portion compared to other bakery stores. Apparently, this shop is well-known for its salted egg yolk croissant according to the blogs. However, being a bakery that emphasises on creative baking, using natural ingredients, importing high quality flours from Japan, no preservatives and artificial colouring, it is a slightly high-end bakery. Because of these, it has attracted bread lovers to buy their bread. There was even one aunty that bought about RM 100+ worth of breads!! I was jelly seeing the selections of bread that she could try. >.<

Due to the creativity of the bread and the price, I had a hard time choosing from the selections. And after "careful" considerations, I decided to go with:

Earl Grey cream cheese bagel


There is a subtle earl grey taste in the bread and there are bits of raisin (large ones) with cream cheese in the middle. The powdered sugar balance perfectly with the taste of earl grey. I would have totally love it if it has more cream cheese in it. 


Pumpkin-filling bread


It's rare to find a pumpkin filling bread in the market. The name of it sounds healthy and filling, which was why I picked it for my sister. The bread was cut into slice on purchase to prevent the fillings from drying and for the ease of eating. Since it was cut, we decided to "steal" a slice to try (which was why the incomplete look). I was expecting the heavy tasting pumpkin cremeux that could hardly match with the taste of the bread. It turns out to be the opposite of it. There pumpkin taste wasn't too heavy and the sweetness matched well with the bread. 

Thanks to these 2 breads, my mum said that when she has the money and the time, she would fetch me to Bake Plan for another purchase. That was quite high a rating from my picky mother. 


My Plan
One big announcement is that I plan to change my blog link into something simple since I have a hard time remembering it (and I'm sure most of you as well). It is a link that was thought in impromptu and since the names I thought of were all rejected, I decided with the current name. Although it does reflect the things that I wrote, I do hope to change a little the motive of blogging and encourage the others to pursue the things that they want, since we only have one life. Thus, I hope to choose a better subdomain and might as well change the layout of this blog that reflect that objective. (The contents will remain, though the future writing won't be much difference from what I am currently writing  XD). With regards to the new subdomain, it will be revealed when changes are made. 

The next announcement is in regards with my current study - ICAEW. Although I have taken all the 6 papers in the professional level, it is not over as long as the result of my final paper is not announced. No matter what the result is, I will not be joining the working contract (a requirement for completing ICAEW) until next year. So, what would I be doing during this 9-months "holiday"? 

The biggest plan is to go for a "volunteer" to Japan in November and December. I have sent in the application and am awaiting for their reply. To fund for the expenses for this volunteer, I would be working (as whatever job I find able to improve my skills) while sharpening any skills that I could learn during the period for my future. 


Well, I guess that's all for today. The next few posts will be my trip to Kuching - Sarawak! Ciao!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quitting ICAEW (Not official)

Internship Experience in Ryokan (旅館 - Japanese-styled Hotel)

Internship Experience in Ryoutei (料亭)