Japanese snacks in Malaysia (Part 1)

Hello, guysss !!

Not being able to go to Japan, I frequently visit stores like Daiso or Shojikiya in Malaysia. However, yesterday I went to Aeon Big in SS15, Subang Jaya, previously known as Carrefour, and I found that the imported area sells a lot of Japanese snacks that can't be found in Daiso or Shojikiya. One good example is Pumpkin Kit Kat. Originally, I thought of buying it since I always wanted to try one after one of the youtuber, +Rachel & Jun, tried it. However, I did not as it was very expensive. For your information, it is RM 18.90 and the package size is the same as the one that can be found in Rachel & Jun's video. There are also the Green Tea and the Strawberry flavours too. 

So, these are what I bought.

Bourbon - Buranchuru  
Doubutsu Yochi


Doubutsu Yochi (RM 10.90)

They are "animal-shaped biscuits topped with natural colouring cream", is what it says on the packet. (I'm not sure if it is the exact translation, but with a little of Chinese and Japanese language, I think it is... Kindly tell me if I'm wrong)

The only animal that I can recognise, others are blurry
Doubutsu Yochi

The taste is almost similar to Malaysia's Gem Biscuit as Doubutsu Yochi's topping is also icing sugar. The biscuit is softer than Gem Biscuit though (or is it because Doubutsu Yochi's surface area is bigger? o.O)


Bourbon - Buranchuru (RM 11.90)



These come in packets of 12. It is delicious but quite sweet. The biscuit is crispy, not as in potato chips crispy, but softer kind of crispy... To give you a better idea,  the taste is quite similar to 白い恋人 (shiroi koibito) but maybe a cheaper version? hahaha....


So, these are some of the Japanese snacks that I can find in Aeon Big. If I buy more Japanese snacks in the future, I will post it again. Bye ~ 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quitting ICAEW (Not official)

Internship Experience in Ryokan (旅館 - Japanese-styled Hotel)

Internship Experience in Ryoutei (料亭)