I'm 21!!!

Hi!!!

Like usual, the clock ticks and the day passes by. But, yesterday, even though it is like the usual, it was a little special. Just a little special, not much. I'm officially 21 now!!

On this very special day, I received a few amazing gifts a few days ahead. The very first gift was my ICAEW exam results which was released on Friday. Since it is a gift, it is meant to be a good news! I passed again!!! Farewell to another 2 papers. On the same day, I caught another late night movie. A movie that I have been waiting - Inferno. I was amazed by the puzzles and the concept of the movie. The story is definitely worth pondering about.

On the next day, I received my second gifts. It was a gift from my sister's boyfriend. He treated me and my sister to a sumptuous Korean dinner in SS15 Courtyard - Shinmapo Korean BBQ. It is really popular that reservations have to be made and they only gave 1 hour and 30 minutes for customers to dine in. It's rare in Malaysia here.

As we got our seats, we ordered the signature set that consists of a variety of pork, a mix grilled platter, budae jjigae (military stew), a table of refillable side dishes and Kimchi Egg Crust. A korean dinner is not complete without alcoholic drink. So, we added a makgeolli since they have never tried it before. After we ordered, they immediately brought us all the things that we ordered. A very fast service.


They even helped us to grill the meat and cooked the stew (do let them help you as they were panicked when they saw us helped ourselves). So, we just had to wait and enjoy the food. This really brought me back to the time when I was in Korea. However, I actually enjoyed grilling and BBQ-ing the meat myself. It was actually quite fun. 

The before:

And after:

After about an hour and half, the waiter came with the receipt reminding us of our time limit. We thought of ordering another fried rice half way through our meal, thankfully we were really full after all the meat and "banchans". So, we stopped with the set meal. The stew was especially good although the ingredients were nothing special. I was actually quite surprise as I did not have much expectation on it. The pork weren't that bad either. The waiters did a really good job in grilling the meat. We all had enough servings of meat. Not too many, not too few. 

My sister too bought me a gift. It was a gift that gave her much headache as I have no idea what I want for a gift (guess I am satisfied with the things I have now). She ended up buying me chocolate truffles which she had promised to buy for me ages ago. It was from Chocolate World. And yay!! (Guess, this will be the chocolate that I will take my time savouring it the most as I know the price of these aren't cheap at all).


And yesterday night, I had dinner with my family and I brought one of my friends over. Yes, just one. Not because I do not have other friends, it is just that I do not like crowds and she doesn't mind coming over. What I did not know was that my aunt invited my cousin's friend to come to this celebration.  So, this made the celebration looked more like a celebration. The menu today was "ordered" by me last week and the cake too was "designed" by me. The chefs are my aunt and grandma!!! Since there were additions of 2 new guests here, my aunt decided to add more menus to it - chickens and lots of chicken to make it a feast. Enjoy some of the food cooked by them.

Amazingly delicious pumpkin cream soup
The reasons why there are 2 types of cakes here might be because my aunt and I had different choices of cakes we want.  My aunt wanted to make a Irish cream cheese cake but I wanted a customised apricot chocolate cake.  Somehow,  she did it differently from what I expected but they both taste amazingly good.  The apricot one is lighter and the Irish one is heavier.


Chocolate cake based filled with apricot puree and addition of dried apricot,  topped with apricot mousse. It would have been better, I supposed, if it was drizzled with dark chocolate instead of apricot sauce (such picky eater, tsk tsk) 

And after the dinner,  we played a round of game before heading back home as I will be having a long day the next day, meaning today.  

Besides receiving lots of love, I decided to give my mum a present in this very special birthday. A present of love and thanks from the bottom of my heart. 

It's time for a wish now. This is not a wish for only me, but all of you. (I sincerely wish for everyone to able to the life YOU want and not to live this short life with regret.) This is what I, the 21 year-old me, think is the most important thing that everyone should achieve. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quitting ICAEW (Not official)

Internship Experience in Ryoutei (料亭)

Internship Experience in Ryokan (旅館 - Japanese-styled Hotel)