ICSS (round 3) and updates!

Hello,  everyone!!  Sorry for disappearing for one whole week. I was really busy that I had no time to give any updates. So let's start from 13th of November. 

ICSS
It's round 3 of the competition!!! We were told to gather in Pavilion at 9.30am. To our dismay,  Pavilion opens at 10am and we had to go through quite a trouble to find our way in since a lot of places were blocked and guarded strictly. Thus, the meeting place was changed to the main gate of Pavilion. Anyway, our competition ground wasn't in Pavilion, but in Benefit in Starhill Gallery. Before we proceeded to our competition,  a mandatory picture before the start of the day.

Pink pink!
Photo credits to BrandImage International Consultant 
At about 10.30 am we arrived at Benefit and the instructions were given. For this round of competition, the theme is "Bring Out the Alpha in You!" with a tagline of "Dare, Dazzle and Dominate". Explicit instructions were given for turning our beautiful models into a masculine figure. Meaning that there is making up involve,  which is the ultimate nightmare for me, or should I say my model? Our consultants were chosen to be our models and each of them was given a card with our names written in it. Who's my little lamb?

Briefing
Photo credits to BrandImage International Institute 
We were given about 10 minutes to explore the store,  know the products and ask questions. Being a newbie in makeup,  who just recently started to makeup on myself has to give others a make over, this really put a lot of pressure on me and I had tonnes of questions on makeup products and procedures which I asked the store manager,  Ms Charmaine. (I wonder if I spelled correctly?)

Trying to stuff everything in my head,  but everything looks the same...
Photo credits to BrandImage International Institute 

After 10 minutes was over,  the competition of about 1 hour and 15 minutes started.  As the store wasn't really big to stuff everyone in and as I was overwhelmed with information,  my action was really slow.  I ended up not getting a place near the products are and had to run around to get the products with the right colour and properties which suit my model.

The biggest challenge were that there weren't much proper equipments and products to use as we were only given samples to use on our models. So, everything was hectic and in a mess. I had to use what I had and be creative on it.

Clumsiness caught in action.
Photo credits to BrandImage International Institute 
Thankfully my model is really kind. She gave hints here and there and once in a while told me to not be panic, which was really a great help to beginner like me.

To be very honest, I have little knowledge on masculine make up.  From what I learnt from Michelle in the Grooming Workshop and in YouTube, guys only need to look clean and fresh, maybe a little foundation to cover up imperfections and a little contouring to sharpen up the face.  And thus,  I applied this knowledge, which was why my model seem to not have any magnificent changes in her. Because of my lack of knowledge and experience, I did not win this round of competition too.

Also,  thank you Benefit for sponsoring round 3 competition!

Later that night,  we had a birthday celebration for my grandma,  which I will write in my next post. It's nothing much but I want to introduce to you guys a very special dish.


The week after the competiton
The week after the competition was just really boring stuff.  There was exam on Monday and on Friday till yesterday,  there was a revision course on BPT.  And YES, classes on Saturday and Sunday!!! (Meaning that I missed the round 4 competition).

What did I do during the gap between Monday and Friday?  REVISION!  As I have been slacking for the past few weeks,  I had to catch up on the lessons to not be left out during revision classes.  Which means from now till my final exam,  there won't be much thing besides studying.

Oh, but there's still Grand Finale for ICSS this Sunday,  which I hope can be over in a swift as there is exactly 2 more weeks before final exam,  starting from today.

I suppose after my next post, I will put a hold on my blog activities and concentrate on exam.  However, I will still be answering your questions,  if you have one.

Till then! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quitting ICAEW (Not official)

Internship Experience in Ryoutei (料亭)

Internship Experience in Ryokan (旅館 - Japanese-styled Hotel)