Chinese New Year Celebration!!

Happy Chinese New Year!!! How did you all celebrate your New Year's Eve and first day of New Year (初一)? 

My New Year's Eve celebration was simple and easy this year. As all my grandparents live around KL, we were able to have reunion dinner for both sides in one day. 

First, we had our reunion "lunch" at my mother's side. All members were there. It wasn't hard for my mother's side to gather all the members as my grandma does not have many kids. And here's what we had:

Photo credits to: Sweatt
Right after the lunch, my father and I went for a movie, my beloved Jackie Chan newest production - Kung Fu Yoga. It didn't come out to be much of a surprise as I am quite used to his production. But, no matter how many times I watched his productions,  I'm still amazed by his action-packed kungfu. For this movie, there's a lot of Indian culture and the actresses are extremely beautiful!!! I also like how he inserted elements from his previous production - The Myth, which is one of my all-time favourites.

After the movie,  it was about time my mum came back from work and we proceeded to our second reunion dinner at my father's side. The reunion here was not a complete one. I supposed those that were married off went to the other's side first. Still, there were quite a huge number.

A vegetarian dinner
It was not a peaceful dinner as some of my cousins are quite the active one.  It became a fun and lively dinner thanks to them.

Later that night,  we went to Petaling Street for a short while. At first,  I thought it would be very lively,  very Chinese New Year feel. To my disappointment, it was so quiet and there weren't many people.  You will find that there are more foreigners than Malaysians.  The only place where we could see some Malaysians was in a temple - 关帝庙. It was quite crowded despite the quiet street.

It was my first time coming to this temple. It has some interesting activities that I have never seen. Such as these:

Spin it for blessing
Carry this. It's super heavy
Ring the bell "gong, gong,... "
We also burned some of these for blessing:


They also have this impressive Buddha statue.


Since there was nothing much to see, we went back home. My next agenda was watching the must watch CNY show - 春晚.

As usual, they have the amazing stage visual and equipments, making perfomances a perfect one. I especially love their kungfu programme as their uniformity, strength and at the same time fluidity and flexibility is utterly amazing! (If only I can be like them....). I also love their beautiful ethnic songs, which usually come together with their ethnics' costumes. I have always loved their costumes. I really hope I can collect every ethnic's costumes in the world one day (Dear readers,  if you have one and you do not want it anymore, maybe you want to 'donate' it to me if it is still in a good condition? 😂😂).

That's all about my new year's eve. For today (初一), it is basically about the same as the eve, it's just the sequence of family's side I visited was reversed and I get to collect angpaus $$ and lots of mosquito bites.

Wishing all my readers and each and everyone a wonderful year ahead, stay safe, be healthy, strong and happy!!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quitting ICAEW (Not official)

Internship Experience in Ryokan (旅館 - Japanese-styled Hotel)

Internship Experience in Ryoutei (料亭)