Hectic First Day

Hi all!!

It was my first day in Korea. The flight to Korea was good, except during the departure stage. I was so dizzy. Thank goodness there was no one sitting beside me, meaning that I had extra 2 seats beside me and I do not have to worry of making others feeling uncomfortable. As I entered the flight, I knew that I entered the correct one as they were broadcasting K-pop and there were many Koreans. I was excited about it. SUPER!




After a 5 hours and 45 minutes flight, we safely landed in Korea. As we were told that the temperature then was -2 degree Celsius, I immediately put on my big jacket. Yet, I immediately regretted it as we had to walk a long walkway, travelled in a train to the immigration counter and to collect baggage. I was sweating wearing the jacket the whole time and I did not have extra hands to take it off. So, I bared with it. 

After collecting the luggage, I met with my one of my OCs. As he was new in picking up EPs, he did not know the procedure well. So, we wondered here and there. He also helped me to bought a city pass for the purpose of travelling with trains, taxis, buses and many more. It costs 4000 won for the card and I had to put in another 10000 won for reload. Then, we boarded about an hour of All-Stop Train (It doesn't seem long as we were chatting the whole time) and transferred to another train. I could not remember the way at all as it is like a maze. All I remembered was going through many stairs and escalators while carrying my 19 kg luggage. Because of that, I had to trouble my OC to carry it for me. Very sorry, yet thank you so much. The search of the Guesthouse that I am supposed to stay was not easy to find too. My hand literally gave up, while my mouth being numb from the cold. 

After about 6 pm, we finally reached at Kimchee Guesthouse near Chungjeongno Station 3 and I met a roommate. To my surprise, she is a Japanese and after a little chit chatting we hung up together to have a dinner. Although I can read Hangul, I can't read as fast as her and I couldn't understand the term even I can read it. That was when I felt relief being with her as she knows what food are written on the signboard. Gosh! I should have at least put more effort in knowing the food in Korea. I wonder how should I deal with another 48 days....

So, yea! We searched for food in the freezing cold street and had more chit chats. Though I was looking forward to street food, she encourages food in stores instead as price of the food are listed and they would not cheat us. However, we ended up getting what I want - street food! Watch the video below =D


The uncle was super nice and friendly. He knows how to do business as I only saw more and more customers come for his food. He also allowed us to taste the food and the food tasing is not in bit and pieces, except for the chicken but it is still a mouthful piece. At first, I thought we had to pay as we eat, but it's not. It is free. So she and I grabbed a bite. I took another one as I was quite hungry after all the carrying luggage here and there. When it was our turn to order,  he gave us another 3 pieces to try: an original one with no sauce, one with original sauce, and one with the original sauce + mayonnaise + honey. Since we both like the latter, we chose the latter and we ordered a medium-sized one (It is actually quite big for 2 people).



As it was too cold, I requested to take it back to the kitchen in the Guesthouse to eat (at least, I can feel my fingers in the kitchen). She also added one of her instant rice and pickled radish (I supposed) to the dinner. The fried chickens were not hot after a short walk from the cold winter, yet they still tasted good. It is sweet and with minimal spicy, so it was all good for me. I tried my very best to eat as many fried chicken as I could, yet I could only have 2 big pieces (these are not cut, which is why "big") and left a big chunk of chicken meat to her. I felt really sorry. In the end, we both could not finish the fried chicken and the other 2 dishes and shared it with the staff there.

And that's how my day ended, well actually not. There was still a nightmare bath as the water temperature is hard to adjust and a bath caused flood in the whole bathroom...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quitting ICAEW (Not official)

Internship Experience in Ryokan (旅館 - Japanese-styled Hotel)

Internship Experience in Ryoutei (料亭)