Life Changing Experience!!!

Hello !!

Today I have a wonderful and exciting news to share with all of you. I mentioned somewhere in one of the posts, that I am busy with something. The something is......  that I was preparing to go to Korea!!! 

It is a Global Citizen Programme, for this project a cultural exchange, organised by AIESEC SNU and that I was selected to be part of this amazing project - Project Kulture. It was not easy to be competing with more than 100 applicants to be where I am now. I was told to fill in some questions (mostly of why I wanted to join this project and how much I know about K-wave) and went through interview in order to be part of this team. It was not that tedious actually, yet compared with other projects that I have applied, this one is the most tedious and a nerve-wrecking one. I will write more about AIESEC Global Citizen Programme some other time, maybe after I am back from this exchange.

So back to the topic. It is a 6 weeks exchange to Seoul, South Korea and I will be going on 12th of January and be back on the 29th of February (a few days extra to ensure that I get the best out of this exchange). In this project, I will be visiting various organisations and universities to know more about Korean culture and will be doing lots of presentation to share what I have experienced to the people. Some of the organisations that I will be visiting will be SM entertainment, dessert company, archery, pottery, Amore Pacific, and many more (sounds really exciting!!!) Also, due to lunar new year in Korea, we will have a week long break and I plan to visit some of the places in Korea and maybe do some exciting sports as well (so, do suggest!).

To make this project a meaningful and a memorable one, I will be uploading videos (vlogs) to Youtube as well as here to share my experience to everyone. For this, I have asked permission from my exchange mates and managers for their approval to be on the camera, and most of their response were positive. However, the videos will not be a professional one as I am a beginner in taking and editing videos, so I do hope it comes out well. Also, have to depend on my courage as well (I am super shy in front of the camera and stares from people).

As this programme supposed to be a volunteering experience, I have to pay everything, from air ticket, insurance, accommodation, food, transportation and activities, by myself. So, there goes my savings. T.T . Thankfully, I am partially supported by my parents and relatives (even though I insisted on supporting this journey myself), so I hope there will be some left in my bank (it's my life saving after all XD). Thank you, father, mother, aunts, grandmothers and sister, for supporting me in terms of monetary, clothing, luggage and food-wise. <3 <3

For this project, I prepared a few things, especially food to Korea to allow them to know Malaysia better. I took this chance to make pineapple tarts, a MUST food during Chinese New Year. Since it was my first time, my aunt guided me throughout the whole process of making it. And TADA!! I hope they will like it.


Also, I will be posting my first video here. Please enjoy and don't laugh at me. =D


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quitting ICAEW (Not official)

Internship Experience in Ryokan (旅館 - Japanese-styled Hotel)

Internship Experience in Ryoutei (料亭)