Relaxing 2nd day (Part 1: food part)

Hello!!

Yesterday was my second day in Korea. Not being able to know all the Korean food and being alone, I ended up eating in a convenient store. 

Convenience stores in Korea is just like the convenience stores in Malaysia. They are  in everywhere. They sell snacks, food, drinks, toiletries, daily use items and so on. The differences are that most of them sell pau, have ATM, have many types of bin and that they provide a place for the customers to have their food and to hang out (though Malaysia do have it, but rarely).

After a long walk and a few ins and outs from the convenience stores, I decided to have bento as my lunch as I was too lazy to read the Korean words and I don't know most of the Korean food. 



The bento is average but expensive. Probably because it is a fried rice, it is very oily. However, the sauce was good. I don't know what sauce was that, it looked like black bean paste but it tasted differently. So, maybe other kind of sauces that I don't know? There was a pickle beside the kimichi that I particularly like. It was not very spicy and the sourness was just right. On the other hand, the kimichi was not that good. It was more sour compare to the pickle.

So, after eating half of the bento, I was already full, yet considering the price of the food, I had to finish it no matter what (It is quite expensive for me). Since I finished my lunch at about 4, I hoped to skip my dinner. 

My wish did not come true. Another roommate of mine invited me for dinner. As I told her that I wasn't hungry at the time, she actually waited me until I was hungry (so kind <3). So, about 9pm, we went to have dinner. This time I did not have street food, but Japanese food. I think she knew that I was worried about the price, so she wanted to buy the dinner for me but I kindly rejected her offer (I am not that thick skin...). 

So, I ordered the not so expensive yet not so cheap food (still, it costs 5500 won T.T). And so, chicken mayo rice. TADA!!


The portion is so big (enough for 2!!) and here I thought the food would be in small portion. I finished it even I was really full (habit die hard). It tasted good but because of too much mayonnaise... ...

That's all about the food part,  I will talk about the walking in the city in the next post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quitting ICAEW (Not official)

Internship Experience in Ryoutei (料亭)

Internship Experience in Ryokan (旅館 - Japanese-styled Hotel)