Heat Escape: Cameron Highland (Part 1)

Greetings!!

Before my semester starts, I decided to go to Cameron Highland to escape the heat. It was a very short trip of 2 days 1 night with my family. It was supposed to be a longer trip but due to accommodate everyone's schedule, it became this short. Nonetheless, a short trip is still a trip and there is always fun in a trip. 

We started our journey at about 5.45 am and we pulled over at Teluk Intan for a breakfast. As I had my breakfast at house, I wasn't able to throw in anymore food into my stomach. So, only my parents ordered the food. They ordered duck drumstick wan tan mee and the usual wan tan mee from the store below as that's the only store that is opened. 


After the very short breakfast, we continued our journey up the hill. As usual, it was a very dizzy and nauseous journey due to the hilly and curvy road. As it was a very short trip, we stopped in any tourist place we saw and wanted to visit. The first would be this beautiful waterfall.  As there wasn't any place to stop our car, I only managed to take a picture of it. 

Lata Iskandar Fall
The next would be Bharat Tea Plantation located in Tanah Rata. We stopped here for a short tea break. It wasn't the biggest tea plantation in Cameron but I thought I have not been to here, which was why we decided to stop here. After visiting, I realised I have once been here when I was really young. How did I know? Well, there is this small waterfall in the midst of tea plantation that made me remember it. As there is an entrance fee of RM 2, we didn't visit it.


The next stop is Ee Feng Gu, a bee farm. Originally, I thought of visiting Blueberry Earthouse, where there are strawberries, blueberries and a signature mud house, near the bee farm. Unfortunately, it is closed down. Bee farm does not only have bees. Where there are bees, there are flowers - flowers that need bees to pollinate. The bee farm is below this shop.


As you enter the bee farm, the amazing view of flowers and their fragrance~

A canopy of flowers
A close up of this amazing looking flowers and a bee working hard for pollination.


These cute looking boxes are where the bees live.


Apparently, the workers need to wait for 3 months to collect the nectar.

No idea what they are doing hanging there...
More beautiful flowers... 


And a matching colour cute looking bee statue within the beautiful flowers. 


And a small little hidden garden.

Do you feel what I feel?
After visiting the bees, we went back up to have a look at the souvenirs. They sell lots of different types of honey and I bought one of the "Madu Kelulut" sticks for RM 2. Apparently, it is good for people with asthma.

Do shop for souvenirs. They sell honey too.
Next, is the lavender garden. I have never been to this garden as it wasn't there when I was young. The entrance fee costs RM 8.

The grand entrance
And the map of this garden
There are a few species of lavender here, such as Lavender from Hokkaido, Lavender from China, and Mona Lavender. There are also other flowers here such as Begonia, Coreopsis, Petunia...

Lavender from Hokkaido
Lavender from China
Mona Lavender



They also sell a wide variety of lavender products. One of the must buy product is the lavender ice cream. It is really fragrant and delicious but it is pricey for a cone ice cream. It costs RM 6. 

Lavender Ice Cream. Do try!
This is a perfect place for lovebirds. There are the typical love locks, love house, windmills, flowers to pick and cafe that a dating place usually have. 


These are on the second floor.


On the second floor, there are flowers and strawberries available for visitors to pick. Of course, beautiful things come with a price. However, I can say it is quite cheap for such a beautiful flower. 1 for RM 2. 


The unripe strawberries.


The angel wing
There are also shops that sell plants and souvenirs.There are even a master that help you to massage if you have any discomfort.

The shopping lane
I guess I will stop here for now as the post is becoming too long. Guess I have to separate it to 3 parts. Stay tuned for the next post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quitting ICAEW (Not official)

Internship Experience in Ryokan (旅館 - Japanese-styled Hotel)

Internship Experience in Ryoutei (料亭)