Train to Busan Review

Hello!!! I'm finally done with the finals!!! It was a torturous one, mainly because there is a subject that I didn't particularly like.  And, I do not really have a good feeling about the result. But, everything is over now! Maybe? 

Besides the exam, the torturous moment of ICAEW - being extremely packed class is over!! My class for the next 2 semester is much more lax compared to what I have gone through previously (provided I pass these 2 papers). Lax as in 2 or 3 days class per week with only one torturous week, as for that particular subject, we will have a lecturer from UK coming to lecture us for a full week. YAY or NAY?

Put all the serious matter aside, let's talk about fun matter. Just right after the final exam, my mother and I went to catch a movie. It was a movie that everyone is anticipating, that receives a tremendously high rating from every part of the world - Train to Busan!! For those who do not know, this is a movie on a zombie apocalypse which is caused by leakage of bioplant and a poor little deer who met an accident. The virus was spreading so fast, that in a day (from what I understand), it became a zombie outbreak in Seoul. This result in a panic attack and lots of destruction. Well, this is a normal sequence for a zombie movie. The difference is that they focused the incident that is happening in a train. So, what made this movie well-liked by others? It is probably the Asian way of doing things, which really bring out the panic, the "what should I do" and the unsettling feeling of a normal citizen. 

From the start of the movie till the end, I was a what you all so-called the emotional one in a cinema. For example, when they are shocked after seeing a zombie bit a human and that the human turns into a zombie, I was like "Run people, RUN!! Why are you not running?" The only difference was that, I kept all the words in my heart and brain. However, my action was a little uncontrollable. In order to restrict my action, I had to clutch myself tightly. At certain point, I was shaking so hard, I wonder is it because of the cold or is it because of the excitement. It was a really thrilled movie to watch. I particularly like the actor Ma Dong Seok. I think he was quite familiar, but I have no idea where I have seen him. He did really well in this movie. He and his wife are the ones that bring joy and laughter to this tense moment and are the ones that, in my opinion, bloom beautifully when everyone becomes really ugly, where human and zombie are equally scary. Because of him, I like the character development in this movie and I was very satisfied with the ending.

To be honest, everyone that acts in this movie did a really good job, including the zombies (look at how beastly and twisted they act). They portray the character so well that I was quite satisfied with the audience's reaction. I'm pretty sure the director would be happy to see the reaction of the audience and I'm sure that these are the reaction that he anticipated. This is definitely a movie that I will recommend others to watch.

To end this post, here's a sneak peak to my next post. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quitting ICAEW (Not official)

Internship Experience in Ryoutei (料亭)

Internship Experience in Ryokan (旅館 - Japanese-styled Hotel)