Heat Escape: Cameron Highland (Part 3)

Hello!!! Continuing from Part 1 and Part 2, this shall be the last part of my trip. 

We woke up early in the morning (early as in 8.30am). Supposedly, we planned to have scones in a famous cafe, but we were told that it only opens at 10.00am. So, we delayed the planned and visited Cactus Valley, which is one the itineraries for today, but after a delicious nasi lemak.

Cactus Valley entrance
Just like any other gardens and valleys, which have lots of other plants, Cactus Valley is not an exception. The first thing we saw wasn't cactus, but flowers and lots of berries. (Cactus Valley is like a little maze, what you see here will therefore not be the exact sequence it turns out to be.)



Only after this section of flowers did we see cactus. 




A mini desert:


Besides cacti and flowers,  there are fruits too. Fruits there usually are not able to grow in Malaysia - Apple. For those who haven't seen an apple tree, here is it:


And melon's family:



There's also this place with lots of beautiful koi fish.


Just right beside the Cactus Valley, there's another entrance to an agro farm and it is free. So, there's no reason not to visit it. In this farm, there are hydroponically planted crops.


Beautiful flowers and cacti for sale.


And a cheerful small farm.


Then, it's the end of the plantation visit. We went down to Tanah Rata and had a stopped in the Smokehouse. It is a hotel known for its English cottage-style accommodation. It was one of my plans to visit here as I thought it was one of the lodges I once lived in during my last trip. I missed that lodge so much that I wanted to visit it once again (that was seriously a beautiful and classic lodge). However, this was not the one. From what my sister told me, it was The Lakehouse. And after I did a little research on it, it is indeed the Lakehouse. I was totally shocked at the price of the lodge and never did I imagine that I once stayed in such a luxury lodge. If you have the budget, I totally recommend this hotel. Anyway, I did took some of the pictures of this Smokehouse, it was still a "not bad" hotel, but the location wasn't up to my expectation. 

It's very green
Then, down we went till a small town in Tanah Rata. Right above Marry Brown, there's a small cafe known as The Lord's Cafe, which is known for it's cheap and delicious scones. 

RM 2.80 for a scone, can you believe it? 
The entrance, a classic English style
Their cute decorations
It's a self-service cafe, from taking the order to serve the dishes. Unlike the usual vibrating devices that we normally see in other cafes, they announce it loudly and clearly through a mic. I was utterly shocked and amazed. Such an interesting cafe. As they are really cheap for a dessert, we ordered quite a lot.

Cream scones, Strawberry fruity scones, Apple Pie, Strawberry Cheesecake, Horlicks and Earl Grey with Tangerine 
The cream scone is really delicious. I wasn't expecting that, as previously I ate a badly made scones and never did I dare to try to eat it again. And now, I'm totally fell in love with it. The strawberry jam was made by them and it's really good. Eating it together with the scones and the fresh cream is a perfect combination. The Strawberry Fruity Scone wasn't really good though (it's a little dry), maybe with the strawberry jam it would be better? The Strawberry Cheesecake too was really delicious. The strawberri-ness and the cheesiness are just perfect for a cake. I was really satisfied with this brunch and it all costed only RM 20!!! (where will you ever get such an amazing price with such delicious dessert?)

Continuing down the hill, we stopped by an Orang Asli village, but it wasn't the one tourists were once visited, usually. It is a really small village. If you ever see this one, go even down the hill and you will see the Orang Asli Village.


Also, we stopped by a "durian seller" as my mum could not stop talking about wanting to try "mountain durian". And so, here we are, eating durian in the middle of the road. 


From what my mum said, the "mountain durian" is way creamier than the ones we usually eat and it tasted like nangka. Also, the meat is way lesser and the seed is way bigger. The husk is also way thicker and the thorns are more hairy but still sharp.  It wasn't really a delicious durian but it's an experience to try it. We ended buying most of the durian here (6+1) to let out relatives try. It only costs RM 25 for all the durians we bought (yet another worth purchase). 

And, that's the end of my really short trip yet a fulfilling and a tiring one. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quitting ICAEW (Not official)

Internship Experience in Ryokan (旅館 - Japanese-styled Hotel)

Internship Experience in Ryoutei (料亭)