My 100th Post!!

Hello, everyone!!!

It's the 100th post since I started this blog about 2 years ago (2 more months). I started it on a wimp - first for ICAEW, then about my life - with the thought of sharing information, firstly without feelings as I was afraid of showing too much of me. However, I began to add more feelings into them, noting every moment of my life, giving a little life to this blog. 

The viewership? It was a pity zero, yet steadily it increases to an average of 30 views per day. Everything starts with nothing, no? Even they weren't that many, I'm quite happy to be able to achieve this result. If you are new here, you can read all about this blog from here. There's nothing much that I can offer but I hope you do continue supporting me.

Since today is the last day of 2016 and after listening to radio of recapping the happenings that happened in 2016, I thought I should do my version of recapping for the year 2016 and my 2017 resolutions.


RECAP
2016 started with me, joining AIESEC Global Volunteer Exchange to Korea, starting my journey of travelling abroad alone. I was very excited to meet new friends and to face the challenges ahead in a foreign country where I barely know their language and culture. Thankfully, with the new friends I met, the activities and the journey that I went through became a fun and unforgettable one. There were full of laughter, joy and tearful moment that carved deep into my heart and soul. I would and could never forget them. (I still haven't finish writing about my exchange in Korea, procrastination killed me right on spot here. Also, I still can't figure out how to write or present them. The way I did doesn't feel right, which is why the procrastination.)

Thanks to the one and the half month journey, I became more independent, thoughtful and careful in treating others. My mind also cleared a little, giving me a little hint of what I want to do (though everything, but not all, will be considered after I completing my ICAEW).

After the exchange, I went back to my college life, completing 4 papers successfully in a go. It wasn't an easy one. There were a lot of complaining and thoughts of giving up everytime the final exam approached. My poor mum was always the one listening to me complaining but she would never give up giving me the necessary support and encouragement. I was thankful and at the same time stressful, worrying of not being able to meet up her expectation. Yet, so far, so good.

I also took the opportunity to join Image Consultant Star Search, that I would never, in my whole life, thought of participating in a public competition. I, personally, hate competition the most as failure is my biggest fear. There were also many things that I worried, like being in front of the camera, talking in public and doing something that I had no knowledge at all - makeup. From this competition, I learnt to take things easy and to learn and to apply on the go. Everywhere can be a school and everyone can be my teacher. I learnt to open my eyes to the surrounding and earnestly learn from them.

Also, I tried to join AIESEC as a member. Though successfully becoming a member, there were many things that didn't go according to my will. However, I tried my best to give my all and I was able to learn quite a few things which I really appreciate it, like how to sell certain "items" without being so pushy, but instead looking at the customers' perspective and sell it. Although I understand the theory of it, but being able to apply it is a different thing. From AIESEC, I was able to learn and apply these business setting although I still didn't really want to dive into the business part before learning humanity, which I think I'm lacking.

Finally, the year ends with me going on a trip (maybe a few trips) with my family (I will definitely post about the year end trip after this one, it's going to be a long one). They were all local trips but they were all fun. I didn't really complain of them not bringing me to travel overseas like how I did when I was young as after I went to Korea, I realised I didn't really know much of Malaysia, besides those that I have learnt in the book. It's so embarrassing of not knowing the beautiful places in my home country. Being a really nerd during my school years and a shut in, I was not able to go to many places like my sister and cousin do. That's why I'm thankful and grateful for my mother and father for bringing me to all these short vacations to discover Malaysia, sponsoring me the whole expenses to try things that I never try and to visit places that I never go. No words can describe how grateful I am. 

All in all, it's a year full of joy, trial and failures. Thanks to them, the year that seems so long, passed by in a lightning. I was able to learn and gain heaps of knowledge and realisation and set some new goals for future years.


2017 Resolutions
I usually don't do this as I let things flow naturally. I believe that when the time comes, things that should fall in place will naturally falls by. But, there are something that I want to do or make it happen even if it goes against the natural flow.

First and foremost, is to pass ICAEW professional level in one try!!!!!!!

After passing the professional level, I will be going to Japan for about 2 months, or maybe more after June. It will be like a working holiday but since Malaysian doesn't have a working holiday visa to Japan, it will be working without pay but in exchange for accommodation and food. Basically, volunteer job. I will be focusing more on farm work since I want to try the life away from city. Any suggestions on the prefectures that I should go between July to September?

Next, is to exercise consistently~~~

Finally, finish up my writing on my exchange in Korea!

Personality and behavioural-wise, I hope to change for the better, to become more confidence, more mature, more responsible, wiser, more humane, more out-going, more cheerful, more helpful, more patient,... Basically, becoming a human worthy to be called a human. The me now is definitely not qualified as of yet.


For closure, wishing everyone a Happy New Year!! Be strong, be happy and be healthy. Put on a smile for whatever challenges you meet. Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quitting ICAEW (Not official)

Internship Experience in Ryokan (旅館 - Japanese-styled Hotel)

Internship Experience in Ryoutei (料亭)