Winter Fest

Hello!!

I have just cut my hair - SHORT - yesterday. Finally, after don't know how many years, I resolved to have my hair short. Ever since my mum helped me in managing my hair, I have developed a phobia on cutting hair. This time was not an exception, I was stiffed the whole time, starring into the mirror, watching every movements the hairstylist made, thinking of what he is going to do next, praying on a good outcome. Prior to cutting my hair, I showed the hairstylist a picture of the haircut I look forward to. The outcome wasn't the same as the picture since we have different quality of hair. But the result?

What do you guys think? Not that bad right?
Special thanks to DIVO Hair Connection for cutting my hair, giving me the new look and returning the shine to my hair. 

Well, it is not my intention to talk about hair today but about Winter Fest that is happening in Mid Valley from 16 - 26 Dec. Since I had class in Mid Valley on 17 dec, I decided to visit this event while grabbing lunch on the go. 

There are food booths, home appliances booths and many other booths in this event, but my main intention was, of course, the food section.

The first thing that I saw in the food section
The first thing to do when come to all this event is to take a round of all the food they sold. Then, decide on the food you want to eat most (based on your appetite). Since I went alone and my appetite wasn't that big, I decided on these:

Chocolate curry udon
I have seen so many animes that include chocolate into the curry but never have I tried it once. Since they were right in front of me, why not try it? To my surprise, it wasn't as disgusting as I thought it would be. It's a combination of 3 flavours: spicy, salty and sweet. This store also sell tamago but it costs a minimum of RM 6.00 which I don't think it is worthy at all, which was another reason why I decided on this udon. It costs RM 10 and it is quite a huge serving, considering I'm already full after eating only this. 

Ponkan sherbet
Next, I also grabbed this ice cream from Japan. I had tried almost all the flavours that are available and only found this flavours not that weird. Since I'm alone, considering the amount, I need to find something that I like to finish this alone. As per the picture on the box, it is an orange-flavoured sherbet and it also has traces of orange zest in it. Since it is from a citrus family, the tastes went a little bit bitter after I ate half a cup. It costs RM 13. 

De' Lava tiramisu cheese tart
Lastly, I bought this tiramisu cheese tart from De' Lava, which I have always wanted to try. Originally, I thought of buying all the flavours. But, I thought it would have killed the fun and suspense, thus only buying this tiramisu.

Look at that flow of cheese
The fillings is so smooth and is still overflowing even it cools down after about an hour car ride. It has a strong coffee taste which I did not expect it at all. When the bitterness of the coffee is eaten with the sweet biscuit crust, it balances out the flavour. Coffee lover would definitely love it. My aunt said that it also has traces of caramel taste to it. We decided to eat part of it and keep part of it in the refrigerator. 

A picture after a bite (sorry, if it is disgusting)
Amazingly, it remained soft and smooth inside, though not overflowing but still flowed a little after a minute or two. It costs RM 5.20, which I think it's worth so much considering other cheese tart that I have tried so far. 

Oh, this is not related to the Winter Fest, but I'm sure you have all heard of the Family Mart that is opened recently in Mid Valley. I had this chocolate mousse earlier in the morning before the class started which is the only thing I considered reasonable in price. It is very chocolaty and only costs RM 5.50 when it would have costed around RM 7 - 10 in other stores. Other things in this store are just overpriced, besides the bread (which I think is ok). Will report if I find anything worth the money in this store in the future. 

Chocolate mousse
Do have a visit to the Winter Fest if by chance you drop by Mid Valley. It's until the 26th of Dec!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quitting ICAEW (Not official)

Internship Experience in Ryokan (旅館 - Japanese-styled Hotel)

Internship Experience in Ryoutei (料亭)