Christmas celebration

Merry late Christmas!!! 

How did you celebrate this wonderful day? 


Aunt's cooking
We had a really sumptuous dinner made by my lovely aunt again!!! 

A mixed of western and chinese cuisine. 
BBQ pork rib
This pork rib was the same as the previous prok rib my aunt made.  This time it was the right tenderness.  


Lamb and mint sauce
The lamb was requested by my sister who loves lamb so much. The sauce wasn't of much taste this time.  

Carrot cake (doesn't the crushed pecan look like flower petals) 

Carrot cake was requested by me during the Christmas Eve. As it was requested last minute,  it wasn't perfect. It was quite dry this round,  but the taste and the cream cheese were good. I think she forgot to put cinnamon this time, which was why it was less fragrant. My aunt always forget to put something, making her cooking less consistent. 😂😂 

I used to not have any favour to carrot cake, but it has become one of my favourite cakes since my aunt made it long time ago (after much improvisation).  Unlike the ones that we can buy elsewhere, my aunt's is not that sweet and doesn't have the strong fragrant smell.  It's my personal preference, though some of you might like the strong fragrance. That was all about my aunt's cooking.


Meeting with friend
On Tuesday, I finally met with one of my friends. As I was bored going to Sunway Pyramid again and again, we went to Ikea. We caught up on all the days that we missed and we tried the famous Swedish meatball in Ikea.  It was indeed delicious! 

Later in the evening,  we stopped by Franco in The Curve, a Japanese-westernised fine casual restaurant, where we always wanted to try their desserts.  

We ordered this French toast, which apparently according to the menu is a MUST try item and told us to order without asking.  So,  here it is.  


It was topped with whipped cream, which it shapes tricked us in thinking that it was a scoop of ice cream. They also gave us a small cup of maple syrup. Gosh. This is definitely the best French Toast I have  ever tried! It is not the normal toast where they throw the bread in the oven and topped it with a scoop of whipped cream and maple syrup.  The bread,  which I think is coated with egg,  is crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside.  It gave off the best taste with the whipped cream and maple syrup.  Now, I understand why they choose to use whipped cream.  

We also ordered this souffle.  


The souffle is also very popular.  I thought of ordering other flavoured souffle. But the word 'chocolate' is so irresistible that I had to order it no matter what.  In fact,  it costs a few more bucks compared to other flavours. 


The outer layer is crispy and sweet and the inner layer is soft,  creamy and fluffy.  The sweetness is balanced off with the bitterness of the dark chocolate,  making it a perfect dessert. My aunt used to make it once but this is in a different league, making it a great surprise.  

As we went during the time between 3 to 6pm,  any ordering of desserts come with a tea or coffee,  resulting in a reasonable price afternoon tea.  


Kotakcon
Later that night,  I bid farewell with my friend and joined my sister and cousin to an event - Kotakcon - in Publika.  It was a board games event,  where they sell European board games and allow you to play boardgames for a whole day for a minumum payment of RM 10 per person.  

The sale of first and second hand boardgames
They are definitely not the usual Monopoly games. 

The games that they let you play on the spot 
These are some of the fast playing boardgames that we played
As my cousin had once been a game coordinator in a board games cafe - Meeples,  he knows how to play some of the games and explain the rules to us.  

Codenames
Overall, the games are really fun, interesting and interactive. Some of the games required you to be a good liar, some required you to have good reflex and most of them required you to be a good thinker. It's definitely a good way to bond with your friends and family,  but it's also quick to make an enemy as well (depend on what games you play). We managed to play more than 5 games in a short period of 2 hours. It is definitely worth the money.  

The one that hosts this event is another boardgames cafe,  called All Aboard Community Gaming Centre,  in Damansara Jaya where they have a different charges with Meeples.  So,  do check the charges that suit you. According to my cousin and sister, it is best to bring more friends,  it would be more fun. 

Now,  I'm enjoying my final bit of holiday in Penang,  which I would definitely post about it when I'm back. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quitting ICAEW (Not official)

Internship Experience in Ryokan (旅館 - Japanese-styled Hotel)

Internship Experience in Ryoutei (料亭)