Flingstones Cafe

Hello!!

Here's another post about cafe. This time is - Flingstones Cafe.

This cafe caught my attention as it posts lots of interesting food on Facebook, especially food with pork as their main (It's hard to find a cafe that serves pork dishes that I can afford nowadays...). To my surprise, its location is around somewhere I know and by chance, I found this restaurant when I was on my way to fetch my friend last Sunday. So, I decided to crash into the cafe. 

Flingstones Cafe has a great ambiance and is a higher end cafe compare to the cafe I went last week.



When I said higher end, it means that most of the price of the food and drinks in the menu are above RM 10, with the exception of free refillable water. The items on the menu are surely creative, especially the drinks. It is hard to guess the flavour and the "look" of the drinks just by their names and their vague descriptions (probably because I'm not a coffee drinker?). For example, Dirty, The Cure, Smooth Criminal,... They are under the dropdown of the coffee menu. So, I'm sure they are some kind of coffee =P. 

As I'm a risk adverse person (more of like making sure the things I ordered can be "paired" beautifully with the price listed), and another reason is that I am not a coffee drinker, I ordered cold blueberry chocolate, a rare chocolate drink that is hard to be found in other cafes and my friend ordered hot mint chocolate. The blueberry chocolate is really REALLY good. I like it, more precisely, I love it!! Do you know Cadbury's blueberry chocolate? That's exactly how it tastes like! (They are not using their powder, right?   Jk)


Magnificent coffee art...
As we had not have our lunch, we ordered a main. The thing about the names of their menu, are surely cute and catchy. We ordered this:


This is called the Oink-Oink Ribs. *oink oink*. We ordered a full ribs and shared it. The ribs are quite tasty... but it is also a little tough. We gave up on using fork and knife after a few bites. As it is quite expensive for us students, we made sure that only the bones were left. The fries are made of sweet potato. It's a fried sweet potato, so is it healthy or not? I, especially, like the salad as the sauces are well-mixed. 

After the main, we had desserts. That's actually my main motive.



They are the "One Night with Cendolman" and chocolate mud cake with salted caramel (can't remember the name...). How would our Malaysia famous delicacy, Cendol, tastes when it is made into a cake? That's what I thought when I first saw this "advertisement" on Facebook. It actually has a taste similar to pandan layer cake, but better. I actually like it, but if it is without the second layer from the bottom. However, if they would to take it out, it is not cendol anymore, right? 

That's all for today. If you do pass by this cafe, do stop by and try it out (though finding parking might be a hassle)!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quitting ICAEW (Not official)

Internship Experience in Ryokan (旅館 - Japanese-styled Hotel)

Internship Experience in Ryoutei (料亭)