Simple Dinner After Finals

Hello, peeps! It's my final examination period (2 more weeks to end my hell semester) YAY!

After Assurance finals, I went out to have a short date with my sister. As I had not have any lunch for a long day after eating my breakfast (around 6.45 a.m.??), I was literally starving, which is why the idea of having a date - dinner date.

And so, my sister took me to her favourite restaurant - Sushi Flash, a cheap sushi restaurant in SS 15 (compared to other Japanese Cuisine), as I have not tried it.


Sushi Flash is a kaiten sushi, where the sushi are placed on a conveyor belt.

Kaiten sushi
Now to the answer, "How cheap is it?". Let the picture answer it.


For white and green plates, they cost RM 2.50/plate and for black and red plates, they cost RM 3.50/plate. They are relatively cheaper than other sushi restaurants such as Sushi King and Sakae Sushi which can cost up to RM 6.00/plate. In addition to that, GST is included in the price, which I think in the other restaurants, customers have to pay it separately. However, there is a downside to it too. Expensive ingredients such as unagi cannot be found in this restaurant (oh, my unagi!).

Without further ado, FOOD!


These food were all recommended by my sister, with the exception of Kani Kama Mayo Gunkan. The set (RM 12) - Chicken Dashi Soba comes with edamame and free refillable green tea. We also ordered Fried Salmon Skin, Deep Fried Shishamo and Ika Mentaiko Nigiri. I especially like Ika Mentaiko Nigiri. It is basically cuttlefish topped with mentaiko and they go well together. What I want to introduce to you is Deep Fried Shishamo.


Shishamo is a saltwater fish served with roe intact. YES, roe, lots of them (I don't know you can see it in my picture above). Does it mean that all shishamo is female? Those who know, do enlighten me. How does it taste? FISH! It tastes like how a fish supposes to taste like. The only different is that, as you bite, there will be a lot "popping balls" in your mouth. "Pop, Pop" that's what you will be hearing.

After eating sushi, we went to have a dessert. It is the now famously-rolled ice cream. It is a business started by my sister's friend recently, named Freeze Rolls Ice Cream.


This ice cream is not normal. It is home-made by the owner and it does not contain egg (Good news for the vegans)!! All taste is "experimented" and created by him with fresh ingredients! Also, this relatively cheap ice cream can be customised. You can choose your own base and it comes with 2 free condiments, 1 toppings and 1 sauce, and it is only RM 8!! You can also have more condiments, toppings and sauces choice with the addition of RM 1 per choice. What are condiments? In this case, they are ingredients that are mixed with the base to improve the flavour and the texture. We ordered chocolate ice cream as a base with almonds and longan as the condiments. Yup, LONGAN! They have a variety of condiments choice, so be creative and bold about it. As we do not know that the toppings and sauce come in a package, we did not order it. If I knew it, I would add chocolate sauce.

What's more about this innovative ice-cream vendor is that next week, the owner will be introducing a new base - soursop base. Excited about it? Check out his website here. The ice-cream vendor is located in a mamak restaurant - Dareed Food Enterprise, beside Asia Cafe and his "shop" is in it. For your convenient to look for his "shop", he will put the pink banner right outside the restaurant. And now the downside about it, is that it is located in a fairly hot restaurant, so the ice-cream melts easily. Also, as he is a new innovator, his rolling skills (or maybe because of the ingredients?) might not be able to compare with the professionals. But, do not worry, the taste is of the professional level. So, do try it if you pass by SS 15...


And so, that's my simple dinner yet fulfilling dinner. =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quitting ICAEW (Not official)

Internship Experience in Ryokan (旅館 - Japanese-styled Hotel)

Internship Experience in Ryoutei (料亭)